WebIssues 1.1 - Changelog
What's new in WebIssues 1.1:November 13th, 2013
- It adds many new features to WebIssues, including issue and project descriptions, text formatting, email inbox and subscriptions, global lists of issues, public alerts, anonymous access and more.
What's new in WebIssues 1.0.5:March 13th, 2013
- Some issues with truncating text and recognizing links were fixed.
What's new in WebIssues 1.0.4:November 28th, 2012
- Uploading and downloading attachments stored in a PostgreSQL database was fixed. Because of that this patch is highly recommended if you are using PostgreSQL.
- Issue history is presented in a more compact format. In addition, it is possible to select the order in which history is displayed and the default filter (all changes or only comments and attachments), both globally in server settings, and individually in user preferences. Finally, attributes with empty values can be removed from the issue details view.
- It is now possible to define the initial view for each type of issues. This view is selected by default when opening a folder instead of the All Issues view. The initial view can be defined in the View Settings of the selected issue type.
What's new in WebIssues 1.0.3:August 16th, 2012
- A new user self-registration module is available which allows users to register themselves with approval of the administrator. To use it, make sure that sending e-mails is correctly configured and enable user registration in Server Settings. Refer to the manual for more information about this feature.
- It is possible to manage projects for the selected user in the User Accounts area of the Administration Panel. This make it much easier to add a new user, check permissions of a user, and manage a server with many users and projects.
- A bug related to filtering issues was fixed. Filtering worked incorrectly when an empty operand was used with numeric and date attributes; also there were problems creating such filter using the Desktop Client.
What's new in WebIssues 1.0.2:May 29th, 2012
- A Simplified Chinese translation of WebIssues was added.
- Issue details can now be included in email notifications, together with changes and comments.
What's new in WebIssues 1.0.1:March 29th, 2012
- Email notifications sent by the WebIssues Server can now include links to folders and individual issues. Go to Email Settings in the Administration Panel and enter the Server URL to enable hyperlinks in emails.
- Can hide the ID column from the list of issues. Go to Server Settings and select the Hide the ID column option to remove the ID column from all views for all users.
- Handling attachments in the Web Client was improved. Images and text attachments can now be opened directly in the browser, and also attachments can be cached by the browser to improve performance.
- Drop-down lists containing many items are now handled better by both client applications.