Requests 2.0.1 - Changelog
What's new in Requests 2.0.0:September 26th, 2013
- Keys in the Headers dictionary are now native strings on all Python versions, i.e. bytestrings on Python 2, unicode on Python 3.
- Proxy URLs now must have an explicit scheme. A MissingSchema exception will be raised if they don't.
- Timeouts now apply to read time if Stream=False.
- RequestException is now a subclass of IOError, not RuntimeError.
- Added new method to PreparedRequest objects: PreparedRequest.copy().
- Added new method to Session objects: Session.update_request(). This method updates a Request object with the data (e.g. cookies) stored on the Session.
- Added new method to Session objects: Session.prepare_request(). This method updates and prepares a Request object, and returns the corresponding PreparedRequest object.
- Added new method to HTTPAdapter objects: HTTPAdapter.proxy_headers(). This should not be called directly, but improves the subclass interface.
- httplib.IncompleteRead exceptions caused by incorrect chunked encoding will now raise a Requests ChunkedEncodingError instead.
- Invalid percent-escape sequences now cause a Requests InvalidURL exception to be raised.
- HTTP 208 no longer uses reason phrase "im_used". Correctly uses "already_reported".
What's new in Requests 1.1.0:January 10th, 2013
- Support for iterable response bodies
- Assume servers persist redirect params
- Allow explicit content types to be specified for file data
- Make merge_kwargs case-insensitive when looking up keys
What's new in Requests 1.0.0:December 17th, 2012
- Massive Refactor and Simplification
- Switch to Apache 2.0 license
- Swappable Connection Adapters
- Mountable Connection Adapters
- Mutable ProcessedRequest chain
- Removal of all configuration
- Standard library logging
- Make Reponse.json() callable, not property.
What's new in Requests 0.14.0:September 3rd, 2012
- No more iter_content errors if already downloaded.
What's new in Requests 0.13.9:August 27th, 2012
- Fixed for OAuth + POSTs.
- Removed exception eating from dispatch_hook.
- General bug fixes.
What's new in Requests 0.13.3:July 13th, 2012
- Use simplejson if available.
- Do not hide SSLErrors behind Timeouts.
- Fixed param handling with urls containing fragments.
- Significantly improved information in User Agent.
What's new in Requests 0.13.2:June 29th, 2012
- New: Response.reason
- Sign querystring parameters in OAuth 1.0
- Client certificates no longer ignored when verify=False
- Add openSUSE certificate support
What's new in Requests 0.13.1:June 8th, 2012
- Allow passing a file or file-like object as data.
- Allow hooks to return responses that indicate errors.
- Fixed Response.text and Response.json for body-less responses.
What's new in Requests 0.12.1:May 8th, 2012
- New Response.json property
- Ability to add string file uploads
- Fix out-of-range issue with iter_lines
- Fix iter_content default size
What's new in Requests 0.11.1:March 31st, 2012
- POST redirects now break RFC to do what browsers do: Follow up with a GET.
- New strict_mode configuration to disable new redirect behavior.
What's new in Requests 0.10.6:February 27th, 2012
What's new in Requests 0.10.2:February 16th, 2012
- Vastly improved URL quoting.
- Additional allowed cookie key values.
- Attempted fix for "Too many open files" Error
- Replace unicode errors on first pass, no need for second pass.
- Append '/' to bare-domain urls before query insertion.
- Exceptions now inherit from RuntimeError.
- Binary uploads + auth fix.
What's new in Requests 0.9.2:January 19th, 2012
- SSL verify=False bugfix (apparent on windows machines).
- Support for proper chunk streams with boundaries.
- session argument for Session classes.
- Print entire hook tracebacks, not just exception instance.
- Fix response.iter_lines from pending next line.
- Fix but in HTTP-digest auth w/ URI having query strings.
- Fix in Event Hooks section.
- Urllib3 update.
What's new in Requests 0.8.7:December 27th, 2011
- Force safe_mode for async requests
- Handle safe_mode exceptions more consistently
- Fix iteration on null responses in safe_mode
What's new in Requests 0.8.6:December 19th, 2011
- Socket timeout fixes.
- Proxy Authorization support.
What's new in Requests 0.8.3:November 29th, 2011
- Converted auth system to use simpler callable objects.
- New session parameter to API methods.
- Display full URL while logging.
What's new in Requests 0.8.2:November 21st, 2011
- New unicode decoding system, based on overridable Response.encoding.
- Proper URL slash-quote handling.
- Cookies with [, ], and _ allowed.
What's new in Requests 0.6.5:October 19th, 2011
- Offline (fast) test suite.
- Session dictionary argument merging.
What's new in Requests 0.6.4:October 14th, 2011
- Automatic decoding of unicode, based on HTTP Headers.
- New decode_unicode setting
- Removal of r.read/close methods
- New r.faw interface for advanced response usage.*
- Automatic expansion of parameterized headers
What's new in Requests 0.6.2:October 10th, 2011
- GET/HEAD obeys follow_redirect=False.
What's new in Requests 0.6.1:August 22nd, 2011
- Enhanced status codes experience \o/.
- Set a maximum number of redirects (settings.max_redirects).
- Full Unicode URL support.
- Support for protocol-less redirects.
- Allow for arbitrary request types.
- Bug fixes.
What's new in Requests 0.5.1:July 25th, 2011
- International Domain Name Support!
- Access headers without fetching entire body (read())
- Use lists as dicts for parameters
- Add Forced Basic Authentication
- Forced Basic is default authentication type
- python-requests.org default User-Agent header
- CaseInsensitiveDict lower-case caching
- Response.history bugfix
What's new in Requests 0.5.0:June 22nd, 2011
- PATCH Support
- Support for Proxies
- HTTPBin Test Suite
- Redirect Fixes
- settings.verbose stream writing
- Querystrings for all methods
- URLErrors (Connection Refused, Timeout, Invalid URLs) are treated as explicity raised r.requests.get('hwe://blah'); r.raise_for_status()
What's new in Requests 0.4.1:May 23rd, 2011
- Improved Redirection Handling.
- New 'allow_redirects' param for following non-GET/HEAD Redirects.
- Settings module refactoring.
What's new in Requests 0.4.0:May 16th, 2011
- Response.history: list of redirected responses.
- Case-Insensitive Header Dictionaries.
- Unicode URLs.
What's new in Requests 0.3.3:May 13th, 2011
- Request timeouts.
- Unicode url-encoded data.
- Settings context manager and module.
What's new in Requests 0.3.2:April 16th, 2011
- Automatic Decompression of GZip Encoded Content.
- AutoAuth Support for Tupled HTTP Auth.
What's new in Requests 0.3.1:April 2nd, 2011
- Cookie changes.
- Poster fix.
What's new in Requests 0.3.0:February 26th, 2011
- Automatic Authentication API Change.
- Smarter Query URL Parameterization.
- Allow file uploads and POST data together.
What's new in Requests 0.2.4:February 19th, 2011
- Python 2.5 Support.
- PyPy-c v1.4 Support.
- Auto-Authentication tests.
- Improved Request object constructor.
What's new in Requests 0.2.3:February 16th, 2011
- New HTTPHandling methods.
What's new in Requests 0.2.2:February 15th, 2011
- Still handles request in the event of an HTTPError.
- Eventlet and Gevent Monkeypatch support.
- Cookie dupport.