What's new in Plone 4.3:April 8th, 2013
- API for password validation policy
- Unified batch implementation
- Page bylines will show the publication date if it exists
- Update TinyMCE
- Updated Content Rules interface
- Plain text searches now ignore accents
What's new in Plone 4.2:July 9th, 2012
- A simple way to test mail server settings using a form in the mail settings control panel
- HTML5 support
- A unified interface for listing content or representations of content (such as catalog brains). This makes it possible to widely reuse templates for content listings without modifying them.
- Simplified, easier-to-scan search results, including the ability to search within a section, sorting options, and links to items’ locations on the site
What's new in Plone 4.1.5:June 28th, 2012
- Avoid a shallow dependency on Products.ZReST.
- Stop filtering folder_listing to the types from @@plone_portal_state/friendly_types, since that excludes non-searchable types rather than non-listable types.
- PloneControlPanel's enumConfiglets no longer returns invisible configlets.
What's new in Plone 4.0.6:May 23rd, 2011
- Fix form tab navigation when it has more than 6 tabs under IE, Chrome, Safari.
- Let the content import step (importing the site structure) not depend on plone-final but on typeinfo. Solves circular dependency.
- Backport fix zope.sendmail patch to raise errors for immediate sending failures.
- Fix form submission when it has more than 5 tabs.
- Fix circular dependency in import steps.
What's new in Plone 4.0.4:March 2nd, 2011
- Remove useless trailing slash in 404.
- Use correct argument order in utranslate.py script.
- Add missing security declarations on PropertiesTool.
- Add fallback icon for control panels with no icon, in the portlet_prefs portlet.
What's new in Plone 4.1a2:February 12th, 2011
- Include plone.app.caching as an optional, shipped add-on.
What's new in Plone 4.0.2:January 21st, 2011
- Added fill-slot to events_listing.pt that was not showing any events.
- Fixed factory.addPloneSite so extension profiles have a chance of specifying site properties in a properties.xml file.
- Edit tab on Author page pointed to personal preferences page instead of personal information.
- Fixed http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/11160, first level of Table of Contents is a level with at least two entries.
- Fixed: http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/11177, some formselector specifications for popups were too vague.
- Fixed: http://dev.plone.org/plone/ticket/11187, Better message when you cannot delete a locked item.
What's new in Plone 4.0.1:October 4th, 2010
- Fixed : 'listing' class table sort of first column failed (at third click).
- Re-add suggestions for 404 pages that were missing in 4.0.
- Block picking a username already in use by a parent PAS to prevent potential security issues due to collisions.
- Successful completion of contact form ended in redirect to 'undefined' when using popups. Fixed by just closing.
- Fixed i18n of the Upgrade hellip button in plone-overview.pt.
- Fix a malformed list comprehension in failsafe_login_form.cpt
- Modified plone.css.py script to correctly show contents for z3 style resources, by using portal_css.getInlineResource.
- Fixed prevent content of the types listed in typesUseViewActionInListings from being selected as default pages.
- Validate new group names using the isMemberIdAllowed method of the registration tool.
What's new in Plone 4.0:September 8th, 2010
- An improved first-run experience, particularly creating a new Plone site
- Streamlined user account creation and extensible member profiles
- Upgraded infrastructure: Plone now runs on Python 2.6 and Zope 2.12 making for easier deployment and a smaller memory footprint
- Built-in file-system storage for Image and File content types makes databases with large binaries easier to manage
- Pop-up forms for login and many management functions
- TinyMCE visual editor improves formatted text editing
- Full-text indexing of East Asian languages
- Group dashboards
- The new standard theme utilizes a flexible, grid-based layout that provides a better base for clean, modern theming
- Hundreds of bug fixes and tweaks
- A well-tested upgrader that makes upgrading from Plone 3 fast and easy
- Performance increases that nearly double pages per second in typical situations.
What's new in Plone 4.0b3:May 15th, 2010
- Update capitalization of i18n:translate-d tags in deprecated templates to avoid i18ndude warnings on new templates.
- Fixed newsitem_view to not render the caption if the field is empty.
- Inject contentFilter as **kw params to topic's queryCatalog and not as first argument which should be the REQUEST, if given. With that in place, batching on contentFiltered topics works again.
- Change the title of the Users folder to be more in line with its actual function.
- Don't send Bcc header with Mailhost.secureSend. Renamed CC header to Cc.
- Fixed clipped icons for most of the content type sprites by centralizing the definitions and setting line-height to 2em.
What's new in Plone 3.3.5:May 15th, 2010
- Fix workflow remapping when selecting the default workflow. 9633
- Improve handling of character encoding errors in the RSS portlet.
- Various improvements in handling of alternative navigation roots.
- Improve XHTML Strict markup in several places. 4379
- Translation updates.
- Fix handling of content objects with a missing or incomplete portal type.
- Improve robustness of transform engine, which could break zexp exports.
- Improve performance of transform engine. 9497
- Add support for the pdftohtml convertor from poppler.
What's new in Plone 4.0b1:March 10th, 2010
- "Event when" improved for better i18n.
- Adjust the tests now that DateTime objects are stored with a time zone.
- Fix issues with sliding modification/publishing dates by using DateTime's ISO8601 method instead of ISO, which doesn't include time zones.
- Set the 'context' context on Plone expression contexts, which is needed for resolving UnicodeDecodeErrors when evaluating expressions.
- Added optional batchformkeys parameter to batch_macros.pt to restrict which form fields will be included in batch navigation links (for immediate use in plone.app.controlpanel's user and groups listsings).
- Added markup to give styling to document ByLine in folder_summary_view.
- Add an HTML id to the "add group" form.
- Moved the tal:condition from the <img> tag to <a> tag in folder_summary_view, to remove unnecessary empty <a> tags when no image exists.
- Removed the 'ListFolderContents' permission from all workflows and limit the default permission to Manager, Owner, Reviewer, Editor and Contributor. It should not change with workflow state, it's an edit/admin view that you either should have or not.
- Switched plone.kss from relying on redundant #region-content to #content.
- Hide the Kupu and placeful workflow add-ons at normal site creation time.
- Ensure that implicitly selected profiles are installed first, so themes depending on them are installed correctly.
- Cleaned plone_control_panel.pt and fixed it's validation.
- Moved portalStatusMessage in author.pt above #content for case when the user is not found.
- Upgraded to jQuery 1.4.2.
What's new in Plone 3.3.4:March 4th, 2010
- Zope 2.10.11
- Products.Archetypes 1.5.14
- Products.CMFEditions 1.2.6
- Products.PasswordResetTool 1.4
- Products.PortalTransforms 1.6.6
- Products.validation 1.6.4
- kss.core 1.4.9
- plone.app.locales 3.3.8
- plone.recipe.zope2instance 3.6
- zc.buildout 1.4.3
What's new in Plone 3.3.1:October 7th, 2009
- Handle CDATA blocks correctly in transforms.
- Gracefully handle browser layer registrations from removed packages.
- Correct handling of inherited date criteria in topics.
- Fix several untranslated strings and update translations.
- Handle fields added via archetypes.schemaextender correctly in version difference views.
- Improve performance of user searches.
- Show nested groups in the groups control panel pages. Please note that nested groups are not supported in a standard Plone configuration.
- Fix a bug which could cause a folder to be deleted when items inside that folder were deleted under very uncommon circumstances.