· Added support for using external tools to index and search through the HTML documentation. An example index tool is provided (doxyindexer) and an example search engine (doxysearch.cgi). To configure the external search engine the following new options are added to the configuration file: EXTERNAL_SEARCH (to enable the feature), SEARCHENGINE_URL (to specify the URL of the search engine), SEARCHDATA_FILE (to specify the name of the raw search data to index), EXTRA_SEARCH_MAPPINGS (for search through multiple projects).
· Added USE_MDFILE_AS_MAINPAGE config option to select a markdown page to be used as the main page.
· Using a fenched block (~~~~) in Markdown without explicit extension will now be interpreted as a @code..@endcode block instead of @verbatim..@endverbatim.
· Classes inheriting from an class that is outside the scope of doxygen are still shown in diagrams. This does not hold for usage relations.
· VHDL code now has a new Design Overview page.
· Added support for strong and weak attributes in Objective-C properties.
· When UML_LOOK is enabled, relations shown on the edge of a graph are not shown as attributes (conform to the UML notation)
· Updated the manual and improved the look.
· Made the contents in the navigation tree more consistent for groups, pages with subpages, and grouped subpages.
· id 669079: Latex: made the margins of latex page layout smaller using the geometry package.
· The tool doxytag has been declared obsolete and is removed (it wasn't working properly anyway). Same goes for the installdox script.
· Updated the copyright in source code and doxywizard "about" to 2012.
· id 668008: HTML version of the manual now has the treeview enabled for easier navigation.
· The selected member is now briefly highlighted in the HTML output (when GENERATE_TREEVIEW is enabled).
· The navigation tree (GENERATE_TREEVIEW) now shows the same information as the index.
· The navindex section of layout now also controls what is shown in the navigation tree.
· Improved HTML output support for IE9.
· Included redesigned VHDL parser (thanks to Martin Kreis for the patch)
· When a class/structs has many (>15) members of the same type, only the first 10 are shown in the UML diagram.
· Update of the French translation.
· .spec file was only updated after running ./configure
· Fixed potential crash when using doxygen for large projects.
· Fixed problem running bibtex with \cite command on Windows.
· Regression: some information was no longer available for a class, due to accidental deletion of a code block.
· Regression: fixed matching problem in the code parser.
· New option INTERACTIVE_SVG which when set to YES in combination with DOT_IMAGE_FORMAT=svg will make doxygen generate interactive SVG diagrams that support zooming and panning via the mouse (only for large graphs).
· Added support for the Tcl programming language (thanks to Rene Zaumseil and Samuel Bentley for the patch).
· Added @copyright command.
· Added option MATHJAX_EXTENSIONS to provide additional extensions for MathJax.
· Added option INLINE_SIMPLE_STRUCTS which when enabled shows the fields of simple classes and structs (with only public data fields) as a table and inline in context (file/group/namespace/class) provided this context is documented.
· When using the server based search engine (SEARCHENGINE=YES and SERVER_BASED_SEARCH=YES) doxygen now advertises a opensearch provider for your project, that allows integrating the search directly in the search field of the browser (thanks to Phil Lello for the patch).
· Added new option CITE_BIB_FILES and LATEX_BIB_STYLE and a new command \cite, allowing you to make references to literature (as defined in one or more .bib files). This also works for output formats other than LaTeX. The tool bibtex is required for this to work though. Thanks to David Munger for the initial patch upon which this feature is based.
· PHP namespaces are now shown as A\B in the output.
· Added new \snippet command that can be used to include marked sections from a source file. See http://www.doxygen.org/commands.html#cmdsnippet for more info.
· Added translation support for Armenian. And included translation updates for a number of languages.
· doxygen -w html now reads the default Doxyfile even if not specified explicitly
· doxygen -w html now produces a template header and footer that can be used independent of the configuration options used.
· New option INLINE_GROUPED_CLASSES that when enabled shows grouped classes inside the group documentation, instead of on a separate page.
· Included updates for the Italian and Russian translation.
· Added option HTML_EXTRA_FILES which makes it easier to copy additional files to the HTML output and also add them to the index files.
· Included patch that adds new LATEX_FOOTER option to customize the end of refman.tex in the LaTeX output.
· Added a header for each HTML page above the navigation menu, showing the project name and logo and a short descriptin (all optional). Disabling the index (with DISABLE_INDEX) still shows the new header (you can still customize this using HTML_HEADER). This now works nicely in combination with GENERATE_TREEVIEW = YES and/or SEARCH_ENGINE = YES.
· Redesigned the treeview feature. Instead of using frames, the navigation tree is now loaded on each page dynamically. This allows bookmarking a page and always keeps the top menu visible. Also the current item is automatically highlighted in the tree. Also updated the icons in the treeview to match the overall look'n'feel. Note: if you now use a custom HTML header, please update it using doxygen with the -w and the edit the default header.
· Added SVG support to doxygen's dot output (setting DOT_IMAGE_FORMAT to svg now works as expected)
· Added control to the wizard to configure the color of the output visually.
· Added options to specify project synopsis and select a project logo to the wizard.
· Added option PROJECT_ICON which can be used to specify an image which will be shown in the header of each HTML page along with the project name (PROJECT_NAME option).
· Added option PROJECT_BRIEF which can be used to specify a brief description which will be shown in the header of each HTML page just below the project name.
· Added new option FILTER_SOURCE_PATTERNS which can be used in combination with FILTER_SOURCE_FILES to filter files used for the source browser based on file extension, which can overwrite the filter set by FILTER_PATTERNS and/or INPUT_FILTER.
· Added new option STRICT_PROTO_MATCHING which is disabled by default, and makes the parameter matching to be less strict, resulting in fewer "No matching class member found" warnings.
· Code blocks with using directives did not get hyperlinked.
· Enum values with bitfields did not get parsed correctly.
· Included a patch that fixes a couple of Fortran issues.
· Fixed problem handling @cond..@endcond in Fortran code.
· Scope was missing in Tokens.xml when using docsets.
· Applied patch tp avoid stripping prefixes for Fortran subroutines.
· Allow label before end statement in Fortran
· </see> was not handled properly in comment block.
· Fixed potential crash for empty verbatim section.
· Closing brace of a function with one parameter has wrong color in HTML.
· Added support for Fortan TYPEs with languge bindings.
· An explicit link request such as #blah did not longer produce a warning if no symbol named blah was found.
· Warnings in "inbody" documentation were shown with "unknown" file name.
· Titles customized via the layout file did not appear in the title page and navigation tree, only in the top menu.
· Fixed problem resolving typedef.
· Fixed a problem were // inside a code block got removed.
· Added support for escaping :: by using \:: (or @::)
· #include with relative path to parent dir did not get hyperlinked.
· Removed double definition of docParamName in compound.xsd.
· C++/CLI Finalizer methods were not parsed properly.
· Objective-C method names can now be used as the the first argument of \ref.
· Fixed a couple of problems in the compound.xsd schema used for XML output.
· DISTRIBUTE_GROUP_DOC now works again for enum values.
· Improved matching of typedef'ed array parameter and non typedef'ed array parameter.
· Added a number of fixed for Fortran interfaces.
· Handle files with the .for extension as Fortran.
· Fixed error in the grouping documentation.
· Fixed line number sync problem when using Objective-C #import statements.
· Fixed problem handling /** @cond */ in the preprocessor.
· Member groups could get reordered in the output.
· Changed the default font of the LaTeX output to helvetica.
· Changed the way parameters and return values are represented in the LaTeX and RTF output. They are now listed using tables.
· Added support for Apple's block object extension for C/Obj-C/C++.
· Added support for detecting Python constructors and destructors.
· Added \endinternal command that can be used to force the end of a section started with \internal.
· Added parsing support for PHP 5.3+ style namespaces.
· Added \mscfile command which can be used to insert a message sequence chart given a .msc file. Also added a new config option MSCFILE_DIRS to provide directories were msc files are searched (Thanks to Adrien for the patch).
· Added support for type specifiers for documenting PHP parameters, format: "@param type $paramname docs"
· Added support for rendering formulas in the HTML output using MathJax instead of using prerendered bitmaps. For this purpose the options USE_MATHJAX and MATHJAX_RELPATH were added.