The plugin allows creating backups of the database tables as well as files and comes with a rich set of options.
Unpack and upload it to the /wp-content/plugins/ directory.
Activate the plugin through the 'Plugins' menu in WordPress.
Here are some key features of "BackUpWordPress":
· Email backups
· Works with Linux and Windows Server the same
· No extra settings needed to work
· Fast backups
· Low memory usage
· Works in shared hosting environments
· Admins can exclude certain files and folders from the backup process
· WordPress 3.3.3 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Show all errors and warnings in the popup shown when a manual backup completes.
· Write the .backup_error and .backup_warning files everytime an error or warning happens instead of waiting until the end of the backups process.
· Fixed a couple of PHP E_STRICT notices.
· Catch more errors during the manual backup process and expose them to the user.