XWiki can be used for creating intranets, simple websites, knowledge management apps, embed into a CMS, project collaboration and even portals.
Here are some key features of "XWiki":
· Use simple wiki syntax to format text, create tables, create links, display images, etc. Alternatively use a powerful WYSIWYG editor to edit the content of documents.
· Any change made in XWiki is saved under version control, meaning you can view any previous version of a page, compare different versions or rollback to any past version.
· Export wiki pages to PDF, RTF, XML or HTML.
· Organize documents by grouping them together by domain.
· Use XWiki's programming API directly into your pages (Velocity or Groovy) to perform advanced formatting, layout or anything really.
· Create applications by grouping several pages together. Import and export Applications to/from your wiki.
· RESTful and XML/RPC remote APIs
· Portlet Integration
· Documents are stored in a relational database. Use any database.
· Integrated Statistics
· Add annotations to documents.
· Keyboard Shortcuts
· Create, Edit, Show, Print, Delete, Copy, Rename and Send By Mail documents.
· Attach as many files as you want to any page. These files can then be referenced and used in page contents.
· Control who can view, edit or delete documents in a flexible manner. Apply rights to a document, a space or an entire wiki.
· Users and Groups Management
· Easily turn Office documents (MS Office, Open Office, PDF, etc) into wiki pages.
· XWiki supports virtual wikis and allows Farms of wikis to be set up easily.
· Document Templates & Forms
· Access all of your wiki's attachments and documents using a DAV client (file explorer, etc).
· XWiki is a second generation wiki and as such lots of the features it provides come from bundled applications. Here's the list of all applications that are installed by default (if you XWiki admin has configured it in the default way). You can also browse the full list of available applications on the Extensions wiki.
· Scheduler Application
· Statistics Application
· Office Importer Application
· Wiki Manager Application
· Administration Application
· Invitation Application
· Wiki Macro Bridge Application
· Tag Application
· Webdav Application
· Search Application
· Color Theme Application
· Annotations Application
· Watchlist Application
· Panels Application
· Blog Application
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Extension Manager improvements
· Extension Updater
· Distribution Wizard improvements
· New wiki mode step
· WYSIWYG Editor improvements
· Virtual mode is always enabled
· New security authorization module replaces the old RightService