Simplewiki is a continuation of the defunct W2Wiki system by Steven Frank.
As W2, Simplewiki has support for mobile devices, being initially developed for iPhone users.
Here are some key features of "Simpliwiki":
- Compact and simple.
- Short page generation execution times.
- Simple, easy-to-read code.
- Baked in Markdown.
- [[wikipage]] syntax linking.
- Simple templates.
- Support reversible base60 short URLs for content.
- Keep database storage simple.
- Generate perfect HTML5 output.
- Maintain baseline support for W2 users.
- Password protected content.
- Support for web servers that run PHP as a CGI, rather than a module.
- Various other improvements.