Comes with data storage, round robin archives and graphing features.
The frontend is completely PHP driven.
There is also SNMP support for those used to creating traffic graphs with MRTG.
Here are some key features of "Cacti":
· Unlimited number of graph items can be defined for each graph optionally utilizing CDEFs or data sources from within cacti.
· Automatic grouping of GPRINT graph items to AREA, STACK, and LINE[1-3] to allow for quick re-sequencing of graph items.
· Auto-Padding support to make sure graph legend text lines up.
· Graph data can be manipulated using the CDEF math functions built into RRDTool. These CDEF functions can be defined in cacti and can be used globally on each graph.
· Support for all of RRDTool's graph item types including AREA, STACK, LINE[1-3], GPRINT, COMMENT, VRULE, and HRULE.
· Data sources can be created that utilize RRDTool's "create" and "update" functions. Each data source can be used to gather local or remote data and placed on a graph.
· Supports RRD files with more than one data source and can use an RRD file stored anywhere on the local file system.
· Round robin archive (RRA) settings can be customized giving the user the ability to gather data on non-standard timespans while store varying amounts of data.
· Contains a "data input" mechanism which allows users to define custom scripts that can be used to gather data. Each script can contain arguments that must be entered for each data source created using the script (such as an IP address).
· Built in SNMP support that can use php-snmp, ucd-snmp, or net-snmp.
· Ability to retrieve data using SNMP or a script with an index. An example of this would be populating a list with IP interfaces or mounted partitions on a server. Integration with graph templates can be defined to enable one click graph creation for hosts.
· A PHP-based poller is provided to execute scripts, retrieve SNMP data, and update your RRD files.
· Graph templates enable common graphs to be grouped together by templating. Every field for a normal graph can be templated or specified on a per-graph basis.
· Data source templates enable common data source types to be grouped together by templating. Every field for a normal data source can be templated or specified on a per-data source basis.
· Host templates are a group of graph and data source templates that allow you to define common host types. Upon the creation of a host, it will automatically take on the properties of its template.
· The tree view allows users to create "graph hierarchies" and place graphs on the tree. This is an easy way to manage/organize a large number of graphs.
· The list view lists the title of each graph in one large list which links the user to the actual graph.
· The preview view displays all of the graphs in one large list format. This is similar to the default view for the 14all cgi script for RRDTool/MRTG.
· User based management allows administrators to create users and assign different levels of permissions to the cacti interface.
· Permissions can be specified per-graph for each user, making cacti suitable for co location situations.
· Each user can keep their own graph settings for varying viewing preferences.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· RRDTool 1.4.x not recognized during installation
· Implement windows-aware shell escaping
· Fixed multiple cross site scripting vulnerabilities reported by Tomas Hoger of the Red Hat Security Response Team
· Over 8TByte Partition in Windows cant get correct data from snmp
· Unable to login after redirection to access denied page
· "Show the page that user pointed their browser" does not seem to work
· Over zelous HTML excaping on filter strings
· LDAP-Authentifications does not work due to ldap_host being set incorrect
· Feature from bug#0001271 breaks on large values
· Web Basic authentication does not work with fastcgi
· Max OID's max value reported incorrectly in Web UI
· oid_suffix do not work correctly for input direction on data queries
· Alternate font styles do not work correctly
· Unable to add graph permissions on a user
· LDAP realm authentication outputs warning for undefined index
· Tech support does not work correctly with RRDTool 1.4.x
· Page refresh setting not being honored
· "index count changed" not implemented for query_unix_partitions.pl, query_host_partitions.pl, query_cpu_partitions.pl, ss_host_cpu.php and ss_host_disk.php
· Character encoding problem after upgrade to 0.8.7f
· Tech support page does account for no memory limit set for PHP
· Simultaneous databases connections are not supported