Softaculous allows web hosting companies to provide users with an automated solution for installing complex web applications.
An auto-installer can be used to install scripts and software without the user having to upload files.
All files and database operations are handled by the Softaculous script.
Softaculous supports over 270 PHP and JS scripts, working on all major hosting control panels out there, from Plesk to cPanel, from H-Sphere to DirectAdmin.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Improved the API to support the installation of Plugins, themes, etc of a script via Softaculous. Admin can also control these settings to enable, change default values, etc shown on the install form to end-users. Here is the guide.
· Check HTTPS connection : If user selects to install a script on the https protocol, Softaculous will display a warning to the user if a Trusted SSL certificate is not found on the domain.
· Import/Export settings : You can import/export the Softaculous admin settings from a server and replicate the settings. Here is the guide.
· Note : This is available only for cPanel at the moment.
· Detect real version : Admin can now determine the real version of installation(s) and update Softaculous records from Softaculous Admin panel -> Installations (The records are outdated in case the user updates the installation manually). Here is the guide.
· Softaculous ACL plans will now be sorted alphabetically by default.
· Bug Fix : Made changes to get correct number of existing databases in cPanel for compatibility with WHM 11.38+
· Bug Fix : Added validation for Table prefix to allow only alphanumeric characters and _.