An open source Web-based WYSIWYG editor, one of the most used, and one of the most respected rich text editors available online today
Besides this classic way of editing the text using a UI toolbar, inline editing is also supported, allowing the user to click and select any part of the text he wants, and the same formatting toolbar will appear at the top of the selection, instead of the textarea.
TinyMCE works like any other standalone JS library, even supporting a lazy loading function, which displays the editor only when the textarea is in the viewport, or the user clicks inside the textarea.
A specific package for usage with jQuery is also included.
And if TinyMCE looks familiar to you, than that's because it has been used together with many other Web-based technologies, the most famous of them all being WordPress.
- Easy to integrate
- Customizable controls toolbar
- Support for themes
- Extendable Plugins
- Lightweight file size
- Adapters for any programming language
- AJAX compatible
- Cross-browser support
- Tested codebase
- Well documented
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Added HTML5 schema support for srcset, source and picture. Patch contributed by mattheu.
- Added new cache_suffix setting to enable cache busting by producing unique urls.
- Added new paste_convert_word_fake_lists option to enable users to disable the fake lists convert logic.
- Fixed so advlist style changes adds undo levels for each change.