Topsite Lister is a basic referral linking system using PHP and MySQL. As with any topsite script, the idea is that the people who send you the most traffic wind up with links back to their sites on your page. Topsite Lister tracks the referring URLs for all visits to your site, then displays the top X referers in a table.
There are three components to Topsite Lister:
1. The referer tracker, which records the referring URL for each inbound hit to your site.
2. The top sites displayer, which displays links to however many sites you specify.
3. A random linker script, which will randomly redirect to one of the top sites (again, it uses the number you set in the config file).
You have control over the number of top referers who are displayed, as well as the look and feel of the output. You can quickly add the tracking or display functionality to any existing .php page on your site.
Note: Topsite Lister must be run using PHP's include() statement. This means that it can only be called from existing .php pages - conversely, it means that Topsite Lister will not work with .html pages. In order to make use of Topsite Lister, the page(s) you want to track referers for must be .php pages.
- Automatic referer tracking
- Displays links to the top referring URLs
- You set the number of sites to display
- You can control the size and appearance of the output table
- Encourages others to link to you in hopes of getting a reciprocal link
· Unix-based web server (Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD, etc.)
· PHP 4.2 or newer
· MySQL server with permission to create a database and a table
· Your current pages must be .php (not .html, .shtml, etc.)
· Ability to use PHP's include() statement