This is a Python module for working with Markdonw files and syntax
The module can be used to read Markdown files without being distracted by the MArkdown formatting tags.
- Command-line Usage: readmd [-w=width] [input_file [output_file]]
- Defaults to trying README.md if no file is specified
- Defaults to width of current terminal if not width is specified
- Specify a width of -1 to have the script bypass text wrapping
- Pretty-prints markdown that will generate the same markup as the original markdown
- Handles all special elements in markdown (headers, lists, block quote, code blocks, horizontal rules)
- Formats sub-elements, e.g., a list within a blockquote
- Converts numbers in ordered lists to properly ascend from one
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!