Virtual Keyboard Widget 1.21.2
Add it to your Download Basket!
Add it to your Watch List!
What's new in Virtual Keyboard Widget 1.19.0:
- Check for jQuery UI before checking for the position utility.
- Add maxInsert option; when true it allows inserting characters at the caret when the max length is set.
- Fix tab navigation when openOn option is empty.
- Allow inline renaming of action keys; it works the same as the other non-action keys.
- LICENSE TYPE:
Creative Commons: Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License
- USER RATING:
- DEVELOPED BY:
- Rob Garrison
- C: \ Text Management \ Text Tools
They aren't real keyboards, but merely a collection of buttons which when pushed will automatically add a desired character inside a form's input field.
Usually these kind of widgets are used with e-commerce and online banking services, where they are a solid means of protection against any type of key logging viruses.
Since all the input comes from the mouse, they keyboard input can't be sniffed, indirectly protecting online identities (passwords mostly).
The Virtual Keyboard Widget is a jQuery UI plugin which can help developers add a virtual keyboard to their websites.
The plugin comes with plenty of built-in key pads, or it can allow the developer to build his own custom pad.
Last updated on March 3rd, 2015
Runs on: Windows / Linux / Mac OS / BSD / Solaris
feature list requirements limitations