Virtual Keyboard Widget 1.19.1
They aren't real keyboards, but merely a collection of buttons which when pushed will automatically add a desired character inside a form's input field.
Usually these kind of widgets are used with e-commerce and online banking services, where they are a solid means of protection against any type of key logging viruses.
Since all the input comes from the mouse, they keyboard input can't be sniffed, indirectly protecting online identities (passwords mostly).
The Virtual Keyboard Widget is a jQuery UI plugin which can help developers add a virtual keyboard to their websites.
The plugin comes with plenty of built-in key pads, or it can allow the developer to build his own custom pad.
- Show virtual keyboard in a popup
- Preview text before accepting it
- Customize keyboard layout
- Support for diacritics
- Support for extra character sets via SHIFT, ALT, and SHIFT+ALT
- Manage keyboard position
- Use custom symbols and characters
- Lock direct (real) keyboard input
- Set min/max input limits
- Support for mouse wheel scrolling
- Support for placeholder text
- Support for callbacks
- Simulate typing animation
- Auto-complete support
- Cross-browser tested
- ARIA support
- ThemeRoller ready
- Lots of documentation
- Keyboard types:
- QWERTY Text
- QWERTY Password
- QWERTY Text Area
- Num Pad
- Custom Hex
- Custom Meta Sets
- last updated on:
- November 21st, 2014, 13:29 GMT
- developed by:
- Rob Garrison
- license type:
Creative Commons: Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 Unported License
- operating system(s):
- Windows / Linux / Mac OS / BSD / Solaris
- C: \ Text Management \ Text Tools
Virtual Keyboard Widget
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in version 1.19.0
- Check for jQuery UI before checking for the position utility.
- Add maxInsert option; when true it allows inserting characters at the caret when the max length is set.
- Fix tab navigation when openOn option is empty.
- Allow inline renaming of action keys; it works the same as the other non-action keys.