All HTML tags and comments are exempt from the conversion.
All text inside some HTML elements (pre, code, kbd, script, math) is ignored.
SmartType will also pre-convert any MS Word-type entities before it begins.
The only publicly accessible function in the component is SmartType.
“I am 6'2",” he said.into:
“I am 6'2",” he said.
Here are some key features of "SmartType":
It takes two arguments:
· Text (required) – The text string on which to perform the conversion operations.
· Convert (optional) – String of characters specifying which conversions to perform.
· d – Educate dashes. A hyphen with a space around it will become an en-dash. Two or three hyphens will become an em-dash.
· e – Educate ellipses. A series of three or four dots, with or without spac es in between, will become an ellipsis.
· q – Educate quotes. All quote marks and apostrophes will be replaced by their “smart quote” equivalents.
· x – Educate multiply sign. An ‘x’ with digits either side of it, optionally separated by white space, will become a typographic multiplication sign.
· w – Convert MS Word entities. All MS Word-type smart quotes and entities will be converted to plain ASCII equivalents before the main processing is performed.
· stupefy – Stupefy entities. All smart quotes and other HTML entities will be dumbed-down to their ASCII equivalents.
· ColdFusion MX 7 or higher