Lambda Probe is the project formerly known as Tomcat Probe.
Here are some key features of "Lambda Probe":
· Comprehensive JVM memory usage monitor.
· JBoss compatibility
· Display of deployed applications, their status, session count, session object count, context object count, datasource usage etc.
· Start, stop, restart, deploy and updeploy of applications
· Ability to view deployed JSP files
· Ability to compile all or selected JSP files at any time.
· Ability to pre-compile JSP files on application deployment.
· New! Ability to view auto-generated JSP servlets
· Display of list of sessions for a particular application
· Display of session attributes and their values for a particular application. Ability to remove session attributes.
· Ability to view application context attributes and their values.
· Ability to expire selected sessions
· Graphical display of datasource details including maximum number of connections, number of busy connections and configuration details
· New! Ability to group datasource properties by URL to help visualizing impact on the databases
· Ability to reset data sources in case of applications leaking connection
· Display of system information including System.properties, memory usage bar and OS details
· Display of JK connector status including the list of requests pending execution
· Real-time connector usage charts and statistics.
· Real-time cluster monitoring and clulster traffic charts
· Real time OS memory usage, swap usage and CPU utilisation monitoring
· Ability to show information about log files and download selected files
· Ability to tail log files in real time from a browser.
· Ability to interrupt execution of "hang" requests without server restart
· New! Ability to restart Tomcat/JVM via Java Serview Wrapper.
· Availability "Quick check"
· Support for DBCP, C3P0 and Oracle datasources
· Support for Tomcat 5.0.x and 5.5.x
· Support for Java 1.4 and Java 1.5
· Apache Tomcat
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Fixed bug where LambdaProbe may fail to startup if stats file is corrupt.
· Fixed incorrect interpretation of org.jstripe.intruments.ignoreNIO system property.
· Added support for Tomcat 6.
· Added session search tool.
· Features related to the same application are now groupped in right hand side navigation
· Added ability to view application deployment descriptor (web.xml)
· Added ability to view application context file, provided the context is defined in a separate file.
· Added ability to view application servlets, their mapping and statistic.
· Added ability to view filters and their mappings.
· IP address of the session is now shown in the session list view.
· Session list page and status page now display country flag for the IP address.
· The IP address is of the last client only. Similar to the status page there is ability to run WHOIS query from session list.
· Added new column in the list of applications table: REQ - number of requests processed by the application.
· Added ability to view logs of stopped applications.
· Applications can now be stopped/started/restarted using AJAX.
· Added first element of the thread execution stack to the list of threads.
· Improved error handling page to display root cause of the problems.
· OS information page would now display limited set of functionality (all whats currently available) for IBM JDK users.