Aspen is relies on WSGI and is framework-agnostic.
Here are some key features of "Aspen":
· Aspen can be configured via an aspen.conf file.
· Aspen configuration files look for Python objects based on this notation.
· Aspen supports both blocking and non-blocking concurrency models.
· Requests management.
· Responses management.
· Use Aspen from the console.
· Aspen development is hosted on Github.
· Influence program execution on server startup and shutdown, and inbound and outbound HTTP.
· Dedicated IRC channel for support - #aspen.
· Mailing list support on Google Groups.
· Aspen uses the ASCII page break character to great effect.
· Quick install Aspen and start serving a basic website.
· Simplates are Aspen's main attraction.
· Aspen uses Tornado templates for the template page of a simplate.
· For development, Aspen can be configured to die when important files change.
· Aspen translates URL paths like /wawa/foo.html to filesystem paths like ./%name/foo.html.