It is a framework to define validators and validation rules in an XML file.
A common issue when receiving data either electronically or from user input is verifying the integrity of the data.
This work is repetitive and becomes even more complicated when different sets of validation rules need to be applied to the same set of data based on locale.
Error messages can vary by locale.
This package addresses some of these issues to speed development and maintenance of validation rules.
Here are some key features of "Apache Commons Validator":
· A configurable (typically XML) validation engine.
· Reusable "primitive" validation methods.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· New generic CodeValidator that validates format, length and Check Digit for a code.
· New Regular Expression validator using JDK 1.4's Regex.
· Factor out Check Digit logic into separate implementations.