It supports total randomization of characters in a single string, and randomly picking words with optional obscurity. Password Generator also evaluates the strength of a password and rates it into five categories, depending on length and character combination.
The package contains the full source code of the library, GUI and setup.
The Password Generation Library can be used to generate passwords for new users, manually or automatically in some system dealing with user management. It can also be used to evaluate password strength in a Windows forms program or ASP .NET website.
The Password Generator is developed using Visual Studio 2008 in C# for .NET 3.5. The source code is divided into three main projects, Library, GUI and Setup. The GUI is only a representation of what the Library can do and it can just as easily be incorporated into any other .NET project.
Documentation is 17 pages long and covers both the usage manual for the GUI , and implementation documentation. It also includes class diagrams and covers some basic algorithm explanations. Moreover it includes section on how to construct safer passwords, which can be useful to the buyer if he needs to tweak the strength algorithm.
Here are some key features of "Password Generation and Evaluation":
· * Password generation can be done using either Word Jumble or Text Jargon.
· * Text Jargon randomly selects characters and symbols based on the “Ratio” string, which can me customized in settings (see screenshots)
· * Word Jumble randomly selects words from an internal or external wordlist, and the words can be obscured by Text Jargon settings.
· * Strength of a password is measured in five levels: Useless, Weak, Medium, Strong and Best
· * The strength algorithm can be easily customized to fit your own password policy.
· * All settings are saved directly to registry using a single class
· * When you need to add new settings to main form, simply add new element to an enum
· * Passwords can be mass generated and saved to file
· Windows operating system (2000, XP, Vista, 7)
· .NET Framework 3.5 or higher
· Visual Studio 2008 or higher