AspEncrypt is an Active Server component that brings security to your application through encryption.
With AspEncrypt, you can encrypt data, send S/MIME-based secure mail, compute one-way hash values, generate and verify digital signatures, issue and manage X.509 digital certificates, and more.
This component can be used in an ASP/ASP.NET or VB environment on Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/2003.
AspEncrypt is a powerful tool which will help your application perform complex cryptographic tasks in just a few lines of code, such as:
- Encrypt and decrypt files and messages using industry-standard ciphers such as RC2 or DES.
- Generate and manage password-derived and random cryptographic keys.
- Calculate one-way hash functions of files and messages.
- Generate and validate RSA digital signatures.
- Issue and manage X.509 digital certificates.
- Create and manage certificate stores.
- Generate certificate-based PKCS#7 signatures and envelopes.
When used in conjunction with the AspEmail mail component, AspEncrypt will help you generate secure email in the widely supported S/MIME format using the PKCS#7 Public Key Cryptography Standard:
- Send encrypted email messages.
- Send signed email messages.
- Send messages that are first signed and then encrypted.
AspEncrypt can be used in conjunction with AspUpload, the industry-standard file upload component, to make your web-based file management system truly secure:
- Allow your users to upload files with a browser securely. AspEncrypt will take care of encrypting the files as they are being uploaded.
- Allow your users to download files from a secure location on the web server. AspEncrypt will decrypt the files as they are being downloaded.