It has two main functions : search the web for documents and build a full text database with its findings.
The crawler part visit the documents and store intersting information about them localy. It visits the document on a regular basis to make sure that it is still there and updates it if it changes.
The full text database uses the localy copies of the document to build a searchable index. The full text indexing functions are not included in webbase.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added manual page for furi2md5
· Removed CVS directories from distribution.
· Removed generated test_functions.
· Distributed the dmallocc.cc file.
· Removed obsolete html2txt.cc and dumpdata.cc.