This is a Java scalable personal web crawler and web search engine
YaCy can not only index texts from various file formats but also from different media contents. A search result shows interesting text, image, audio and video content with direct links to OGG, MP3, and video files.
- - Find information on the web that other search portals hide.
- - Hide your search requests, prevent that anyone can log your search queries in clear text. Privacy is important.
- - Join a community of independent YaCy users, share your web index and use the distributed search network for a uncensored, user-driven web search.
- - You can run your own web search poral, either only for yourself or as public search portal in the internet
- - Provide a search function for your own web pages or your intranet.
- - Nobody else than you can censor your web search, because there is no central server that could apply a global filter.
- - Search results are better if you define your own search domain, and search within that domain. With YaCy you can feed in the domains that host expert information for your search.
- YaCy has a peer-to-peer web index exchange interface and it does not need a central server. Web searches are anonymized. No central log of your searches exist. Web crawls can be done collaborative with all other YaCy peers. Resulting indexes are organized in a distributed hash table.