The Sphinx search server has been used by many renowned Internet companies like SlashDot, Craigslist, Joomla.org, MySQL.com, Box, DailyMotion, phpBB, Scribd, Metacafe, SimpleMachines.org and many more.
Sphinx lets you either batch index and search data stored in an SQL database, NoSQL storage, or just files quickly and easily, or index and search data on the fly, working with Sphinx pretty much as with a database server.
Here are some key features of "Sphinx":
· Better relevance ranking
· Batch and Real-Time full-text indexes
· Non-text attributes support
· Rich database-like querying features
· SQL database indexing
· Non-SQL storage indexing
· Easy application integration
· Advanced full-text searching syntax
· Flexible text processing
· Distributed searching
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Includes stable/battle-tested Real-Time Indexes, 64-bit MVA support, expression-based rankers, keywords dictionary plus many other features and improvements.