Built especially for cloud computing infrastructures, it indexes data using JSON over HTTP.
ElasticSearch is currently used by companies like StumbleUpon, Mozilla, Assitly and Sony.
Here are some key features of "ElasticSearch":
· Distributed and Highly Available Search Engine
· Multi Tenant with Multi Types
· Various set of APIs
· Document oriented
· Reliable, Asynchronous Write Behind for long term persistency
· (Near) Real Time Search
· Built on top of Lucene
· Per operation consistency
· Start with one machine and scale to hundreds
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· PolygonBuilder does not support holes.
· Expose field level field data statistics.
· Allow FieldData loading to be filtered.