With the help of CNSearch you can perform full-text search by html, doc, rtf, pdf, txt and mp3 files, highlight the search result phrases, accumulate and display statistics for search requests.
The system does not use any database; only access to /cgi-bin/ is required for CNSearch functioning.
CNSearch is used on sites of such hosting-providers as Zenon, Pair, MasterHost, Caravan, etc..
Here are some key features of "CNSearch":
· Search by HTML, TXT, PDF, DOC, RTF, XLS and MP3 files;
· Highlighting of found words;
· Sorting by relevancy or by date;
· Modifiable requests logic - AND, OR, COMBINED;
· Russian morphology support;
· Statistics accumulation by search requests;
· Easy modifiable interface of the searching result page;
· Possibility to search by a file system;
· Possibility to create indexes at a local computer with further transference to the site;
· The application does not use databases;
· Minimal system requirements: only access to /cgi-bin/ is required (ValueHost - the tariff program A, Caravan - the tariff program "Standard", MasterHost - the tariff program "Optimal", Agava - the tariff program "Normal").
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· CNSearch is distributed for free now with open source code
· Ability to index several web-sites one by one added.
· Support of very large inedices added.
· Search index format changed. Now you can move index files among platforms even with diffrernt architectures.
· Errors of processing tag <noindex> eliminated.