It provides bindings to XML/HTTP, Ruby, JSON, and Python, for integration with a variety of web technologies.
With full-text search capabilities, Solr is optimized for high volumes of traffic, making ideal for any kind of project and environment.
Here are some key features of "Apache Solr":
· Access to administration interfaces
· Server statistics
· Easy to scale
· XML configuration
· Plugin architecture
· Faceted search and filtering
· Advanced text analysis
· Caching system
· Logging utilities
· Fast index replication
· Can distribute searches across multiple hosts
· Can also parse rich documents (PDF, Word, HTML, etc) via Apache Tika
· Multiple search indices
· Complete control over the schema
· Auto-suggest functionality
· Spelling suggestions for user queries
· Sort by any number of fields
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Tired of maintaining core information in solr.xml? Now you can configure Solr to automatically find cores by walking an arbitrary directory.
· Shard Splitting: You can now split SolrCloud shards to expand your cluster as you grow.
· The read side schema REST API has been improved and expanded upon: all schema information is now available and the full live schema can now be returned in JSON or XML. Ground work is included for the upcoming write side of the schema REST API.
· Spatial queries can now search for indexed shapes by "IsWithin",
· "Contains" and "IsDisjointTo" relationships, in addition to typical "Intersects".