A set of freely available tools for biological computation written in Python, allowing developers to manipulate natural and biological data
Developed an international team of developers it's a distributed collaborative effort to develop Python libraries and applications which address the needs of current and future works in bioinformatics.
- last updated on:
- June 1st, 2014, 1:33 GMT
- developed by:
- The Biopython Consortium
- license type:
Other Free / Open Source License: Biopython License Agreement
- operating system(s):
- Windows / Linux / Mac OS / BSD / Solaris
- C: \ Scientific/Engineering \ Bio-Informatics
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Bio.Phylo now has tree construction and consensus modules, from on the GSoC work by Yanbo Ye.
- Bio.Entrez will now automatically download and cache new NCBI DTD files for XML parsing under the user’s home directory (using ~/.biopython on Unix like systems, and $APPDATA/biopython on Windows).
- Bio.Sequencing.Applications now includes a wrapper for the samtools command line tool.
- Bio.PopGen.SimCoal now also supports fastsimcoal.