It contains concepts from other programming languages, but it's not considered as a direct descendant from any other language.
Seed7 allows for new statements and operators to be more easily declared than other languages.
Seed7 is geared toward object orientation, and has many other features.
Here are some key features of "Seed7":
· Cross-platform support
· Object orientated language
· Interfaces and multiple dispatches
· Static type checking
· No automatic casts
· bigInteger and bigRational numbers support
· Exception handling
· Procedures/functions/operators/statements can be overloaded
· Various predefined types
· Supports user defined statements and operators
· Types are first class objects
· Templates and generics can be defined easily without special syntax
· Predefined constructs
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The support for the actions ITF_TO_HEAP and REF_BUILD has been removed from the interpreter.
· Support for the action REF_GETREF has been added to interpreter and compiler.
· The functions itf_to_heap (in itflib.c) and ref_build (in reflib.c) have been removed.
· The function refItftosct (in ref_data.c) has been renamed to refItfToSct. The function ref_itftosct (in reflib.c) and the compiler have been changed to use the new function name.
· The types smallpriortype and prior_type have been replaced by prioritytype in common.h, data.h, expr.c, expr.h, findid.h, syntax.c, token.c and token.h.
· In itf_rtl.c the function itfCreate has been added and the function itfDestr has been removed.
· Usages of the function stri_charpos in analyze.c and prclib.c have been replaced by calls of strChPos.
· In executl.c the function crea_struct has been introduced and the function any_var_initialisation has been replaced by the functions sct_elem_initialisation and arr_elem_initialisation.
· The function prot_block has been added to traceutl.c.