Since the 4.0 version of Poly/ML, it now supports the full version of the language as given in the "Definition of Standard ML (Revised)", generally known as ML97.
As well as being extremely fast and efficient implementation of Standard ML Poly/ML provides several additional features.
Poly/ML is available for the most popular architectures and operating systems. There are native code versions for the i386 (32 and 64 bit), Power PC and Sparc architectures. There is a byte-code interpreted version which can be used on unsupported architectures. The configure script will automatically select the architecture when building from source.
Here are some key features of "Poly/ML":
· There is a foreign language interface which allows dynamically linked libraries to be loaded and functions within them called from ML.
· An X-Windows interface using Motif is available and a Windows programming interface.
· There is also a symbolic debugger for Poly/ML.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Support for stand-alone binaries
· Support for additional platforms: AMD64, Intel Macs, Cygwin
· No artificial limits on size of heaps or saved image
· Uses standard GNU tools for building
· Fixed address mmap and trap-handling removed