A template library written in Python
Mako's syntax and API borrows from the best ideas of many others, including Django templates, Myghty, Cheetah and Genshi.
- Simple API
- Fast rendering
- Bench suite included
- Control structures
- Straight Python blocks
- Inline or at the module-level
- Plain old includes
- Callable blocks
In a hurry? Add it to your Download Basket!
What's New in This Release:
- Fixed bug in decode.<encoding> filter where a non-string object would not be correctly interpreted in Python 3.
- Fixed bug in Python parsing logic which would fail on Python 3 when a “try/except” targeted a tuple of exception types, rather than a single exception.
- mako-render is now implemented as a setuptools entrypoint script; a standalone mako.cmd.cmdline() callable is now available, and the system also uses argparse now instead of optparse.
- The mako-render script will now catch exceptions and run them into the text error handler, and exit with a non-zero exit code.