Erlang was designed by Ericsson's Computer Science Laboratory.
The programming language consists of extensive libraries of code for building robust fault-tolerant distributed applications.
Erlang also doubles as a runtime system for running distributed, fault-tolerant, real-time and non-stop applications.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Optimized handling of processes in the VM.
· New internal process table allowing for parallel reads and writes.
· Optimized run queue management.
· Optimized process state changes.
· "Non-blocking" code loading.
· New internal port table, and rewrite of scheduling of port tasks.
· Dynamic allocation of port structures, allowing the default for maximum ports to be raised to 65536 (from 1024).
· Support for UTF-8 encoded Unicode characters in source files.