phpODP enables you to add the content of The Open Directory Project at dmoz.org to your own website. Let your visitors browse the categories, or search the directory - 100% locally on your site. The content is updated in real-time - so when ODP updates, you update!
You can use phpODP for free as long as you do not remove the button and link back to my page
Features:- Template based - change looks by editing includes/header & footer files
- Dynamic content; the content is retrieved from ODP in real time! When they update, you update. Which of course leads us to ..
- Caching - both categories & search results can ba cachec locally. You can specify cache lifetime (e.g. 40 days before it should be updated)
- Thumbnails (preview of sites in the directory)
- Amazon targeted book advertising
- Adult filter - dmoz.org contains a lot of adult material (see dmoz.org/Adult). If you do not want this on your site, you can block the /Adult/ categories, in addition to blocking specific search keywords.
- Custom 404 / Not found pages
- Easy install - just upload, and you're ready to go!