It is an ideal tool for developing small to large dynamic community websites, intra company portals, corporate portals, weblogs and much more.
Here are some key features of "XOOPS CMS":
· Database-driven - XOOPS uses a relational database (currently MySQL) to store data required for running a web-based content management system.
· Fully Modularized - Modules can be installed/uninstalled/ativated/deactivated with a click using the XOOPS module administration system.
· Personalization - Registered users can edit their profiles, select site themes, upload custom avatars, and much more!
· User Management - The ability to search for users by various criteria, send email and private messages to users through a template-based messaging system.
· Supported World-wide - XOOPS was created and is maintained by a team of several hard-working volunteers working from all over the world. The XOOPS community has more than dozen official support sites around the world for support of non-English speaking users.
· Multi-byte Language Support - Fully supports multi-byte languages, including Japanese, Simplified and Traditional Chinese, Korean, etc.
· Versatile Group Permissions System - Powerful and user-friendly permissions system which enables administrators to set permissions by group.
· Theme-based skinnable interface - XOOPS is driven by a powerful theme system. Both admins and users can change the look of the entire web site with just a click of a mouse. There are also over 1000 themes available for download.
· PHP 5.2 or higher
· MySQL 5 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· XSS (Cross Site Scripting) vulnerability in PM module and TinyMCE.
· HTML Purifier to 4.4.0
· TinyMCE to 3.4.9
· jQuery to 1.72
· jQueryUI to version 1.8.18
· phpThumb to 1.7.11
· jGrowl to 1.2.6