GForge Advanced Server is completely redesigned and rewritten from scratch to make a modular, modern system that is easy to install and maintain.
Based on an object-oriented plugin architecture, it's also very easy to extend.
Current major community websites running Gforce include Rubyforge and PGFoundry.
A commercial license must be purchased if exceeding 15 installations.
Here are some key features of "GForge Advanced Server":
· Edit trackers, or create new trackers, fields, and values in desired fields
· Edit 'roles' and 'Observer' settings to set permissions and access levels
· Add members to the project
· Plan releases
· Create tasks in the Task Manager and use MS Project to estimate ETA on completing them
· Start writing code and commit code linked to defined tasks
· Build and release code using the File Release System
· Log defects against the releases
· Commit changes and link the changes to the defects
· Workflow and Process Enforcement
· Permissions & Access Control
· Enhanced Personal Space
· Project Level Enhancements
· Tracker Enhancements
· Cruise Control - Build Automation
· Visual Studio Plugin
· Eclipse Plugin
· MS Project Plugin
· Subversion Integration
· PHP Accelerator
· GNU Mailman (for mailing list support)
· jabberd (for Jabber support)
· JPGraph (for Gantt charting and graphing support)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Pervasive Tagging is present throughout the system and search for all items by tags
· New preferences page in Project Admin to select/deselect tabs like Associations and Tags
· Source code indexing/search using doxygen and tsearch2
· Updated theme
· Captchas optional for user registration and forum creations
· New serial field type in tracker
· Quickjump menu is now AJAX to increase performance
· French, German, and Italian Translations updated
· Add Portuguese Brazilian Language support
· Add nss-pgsql support so create_users_group job can be removed. This affects CVS and SVN/GIT if using ssh support instead of DAV support.
· Full GIT plugin included by default