It can be used to build online communities, not only for match making, but for anything community related.
Here are some key features of "Etano":
· Photo Albums - Unlimited number of photos, public/private photos, watermark support. Caption for photos support. Ajax photo rating. Ability to leave comments on photos.
· Captcha Support - All forms that are available to non-members can be protected by a text-image to prevent spam or automatic signups.
· Saved Searches - Members can store their favorite search criteria to easily make the same searches later. They can also receive alerts based on the searches and they can make one of the searches the default search.
· Profile Search - Ability to search by any field, distance, location (country, state, city). Basic and advanced search forms available.
· Advanced Mailbox System - Member to member messages and flirts. Optional email notification on message arrival. User mail folders and message routing (i.e all messages from "John" should go to "folder 1" and all messages from "Mary" should go to "folder 2"). Outbox support, Spambox (junk folder) support. Ability to save message drafts to easily send the same message to more members.
· User Preferences - Members can set their own preferences of how they use the site, who can see their photos, blogs, turn on/off comments on their profiles/photos/blogs, set their timezone.
· Blogs - Personal blogs for every member. Quick access to latest blogs, most popular blogs, most viewed. Ability to search by keywords.
· Comments - Members can leave comments on profiles (like a guestbook), on other member photos and on blog posts.
· Member Networks - Members can add other members to their network of friends, favorites, etc.
· Block Member - Members can block other members from contacting them in any way.
· Site News - Latest news related to the site (published by administrators) right on member's home page. Also available as RSS feeds.
· Profile Questions/Fields - Unlimited custom profile questions. Unlimited custom profile categories (basic profile, physical, education, etc). Ability to divide the questions into categories. Customizable number of registration pages. Complete control over the visibility, editability, searchability of questions.
· Administrators/Moderators - Can have 2 types of admins: full administrators with access to all admin panel and moderators which have access only to member management features.
· Screening - Can choose between auto-approval of profiles / photos / blogs / comments or manual approval by moderators.
· Customizable Flirts - Define any number of flirts. Flirts can contain text, images, flash. There are 2 types of flirts: the hellos and replies.
· Membership Management - Full control over memberships, access to features, subscription plans, prices. Supports trial memberships and auto-subscriptions (free for women, paid for men, etc).
· Rate Limiter - Ability to limit the number of messages, flirts, etc a member can make per minute/hour/day/month. Also useful to limit the number of failed logins a member is allowed during a certain interval.
· Ban Members - Disallow access to your site per IP address / username. Combined with the rate limiter feature above you could effectively prevent spammers / nigerian scammers / hackers from accessing your site.
· Payment Gateways - Can have any numbers of payment gateways set up. Users can choose how they want to pay (credit card, paypal, etc).
· Live Activity Monitor - See in real time what users are doing on your site.
· Impersonate User - Sometimes an administrator must log in as a certain user to help him/her solve a problem. This feature allows the admin 1 click access to user's account.
· Mass Messaging - Ability to send mass emails or mass on-site messages to members. Ability to send newsletters to members who have opted for this.
· Bulk Actions - If needed, an admin can bulk approve / suspend / delete members.
· Payment History - Can view all payments made during a time interval, see totals, transaction numbers, etc.
· File Browser - Ajax file browser & WYSIWYG (?) file editor for easy modification in files. Statistics & Graphs
· Advanced stats and graphs that can show your site growth in an easy to understand manner.
· Banned Words - Prevent your members from using indecent language in their profiles, blogs, comments, messages.
· Location Management - The default application comes with some states, cities and zipcodes included. You can easily extend the default list to include the counties and cities from your country if the default application doesn't have them already.
· PHP 4.4 or higher
· PHP mail() support
· PHP GD2 graphic library with FreeType support
· Cron Jobs