Can be used to output UTF-8 encoded web pages on the fly.
Based on FPDF and HTML 2 FPDF.
Here are some key features of "mPDF":
· UTF-8 encoded HTML is accepted
· Bookmarks and Meta tag information are supported in all character sets
· Right-to-left languages are supported
· Automatic detection of RTL characters within a document
· A single stylesheet can be used for all pages, with font substitution automatically for CJK characters.
· Character substitution
· Word spacing and character spacing are both used to justify text
· Nested block-level elements (e.g. P, DIV) are supported
· CSS style attributes now fully support font, font-size, color, and background color (for highlighting) plus many more
· Table cell padding and borders are supported
· Text-indent for 1st line of paragraph, and hanging indents are supported
· List indenting can be defined
· Custom tags added - PAGEBREAK, COLUMNBREAK, INDEXENTRY
· Multiple columns can be started and stopped anywhere on the page with column height adjusted (and optionally aligned to justify)
· Tables can be rotated, or autosized - font-size is reduced if required to fit the page. Background colour for TR rows is supported
· Odd and even paging can be used with inner and outer margins alternated
· A more complex definition of headers and footers allows left/center/right parts to be defined, each with their own font-styles, and including code to allow the date/time to be inserted as well as page numbers
· A table of contents can be generated automatically, which can be inserted at the front of the document, based on custom tags used throughout the HTML code
· An index can be generated at the end of the document based on custom tags used throughout the HTML code
· Non-breaking space is supported when using fonts that have a character representing chr(160) (not all of them)
· A watermark can be used e.g. for 'DRAFT', and will appear as a transparency over other elements
· Intelligent word-wrapping will avoid 'orphan' punctuation or superscript moving to the next line
· All HTML entities are supported, as well as decimal and hex
· Password protection can be set for the PDF file
· NB The original commands from FPDF can be used
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Active forms (see on-line manual for details).
· 128-bit encryption (optional) with additional user-permissions (see on-line manual).