The Softalot Simple Reservation System (SRS) is a web-based general purpose resource calendar.
It allows to schedule resources, prevents double booking and scheduling conflicts, and accounts for resource utilization. The application is designed to be used out of the box, can be included in your web/intranet site, or customized to integrate with your environment – source code included.
In SRS, a resource can be just about anything:
- Meeting room(s), office space
- Office equipment: overhead projectors, whiteboards, demo kits, etc.
- Vehicle fleets: cars, busses, vans, bikes, etc.
- People: instructors, repairmen, customer service personnel, etc.
- Real estate: timeshare condos, ski cabins, vacation rentals, etc.
- Hotel & resort facilities: golf course T-times, carts, instructors, tennis courts, surfboards, catamarans, saunas, spa facilities, conference rooms, event equipment, dining tables, etc.
- Sporting clubs: sail boats, squash courts, yoga classes, etc.
- Doctor’s offices: physicians, dentists, psychologists, etc.
- Smooth user interface. Scheduling, rescheduling, and change of resource can all be accomplished via drag and drop operations.
- Reservations can be recurring.
- Resources have optional cost per hour attached. This cost gets recorded per reservation and can be used in accumulative reports.
- Reservations have optional Cost Codes for departmental accounting of resources.
- Reservations have optional capacity and attendance lists for booking training sessions and tracking availability and attendance.
- Time slots, hours and minimum increments are freely configurable. For ski cabins you might have half day increments, allowing for 1/2 -day reservations on the arrival and departure days; squash courts may be reserved in 30 minute increments.
- You can define block out times to prevent booking and without accruing cost during these times.
- Reservations can be made across multiple days, weeks, etc. (cost is calculated on a daily basis for available timeslots only).
- Resources can be grouped together in categories.
- The planner shows as many resources as you have selected simultaneously, so you can see instantly whether all desired resources are available at the same time.
- The planner shows either single days or entire weeks in one view.
- The date picker shows reservations for an entire month. This is especially useful, if you are managing day-long bookings, such as ski cabin rentals, or charter boats.
- Export into MS Excel provides for utilization analysis and accounting.
- Multiple levels of access can be defined: Generic read and write levels to the schedule, edit/add permissions per resource, and edit permissions per reservation. Combining these permissions also allows for simple workflows between those making reservations and administrators.