Simple Event Manager (SEM) is an open source event publishing and management system based on SAXON… but with a twist.
One of the perennial problems of publishing detail of events on a web site is remembering to remove out-dated events on a regular basis. Nothing makes a site look more uncared for than a year old event!
SEM solves this problem by only listing current, or future dated, events so that your site visitors always see an up-to-date page. All a webmaster has to do is pop in every now and then and clear out old material.
Like its big brother, SAXON, SEM publishes on-demand RSS and Atom news feeds of your event listings to maximise event promotion.
- Run multiple instances of SEM from the one database
- Multiple users allowed - each with their own username and password and, potentially, their own events page.
- Add, edit or delete news items
- Manage users
- Two levels of users: Standard and Admins
- Add or delete users
- Amend an user's status
- Protected default Admin - cannot be deleted or downgraded.
- Change user passwords
- Configurable templates to define how you want your events displayed
- Display event listings anywhere on your site
- Display events on a 'per user' basis