Schedule Organizer allows a customer, patient or client to schedule an appointment via the company's, doctor's or consultant's homepage.
This PHP script simplifies and automates appointment administration - the employees responsible save time as there are fewer telephone calls, faxes and letters to answer.
The software is suited to allow meeting room booking, restaurant reservation, hotel and motel reservation, cottage rental, residence reservations and many more. Based on the purpose the calendar can be shown as weekly or monthly view.
- If you have more than one capacity, you can allow multiple reservations at the same time.
- Users can view edit their personal information online by themself.
- Users can view and edit their own appointments online. They are also able to change or cancel appointments.
- The appointment duration is not limited and can span over several days.
- Customer and user data changes from time to time and sometimes appointment information has to be modified too. The administrator can now do both of these tasks easily using the admin front end. The function can be called up via the detail view of either the appointment data or customer data.
- The Organizer's operator can restrict appointment booking to a select group of users. The appointment planner can be reserved for use by a project group, customers or the operator's patients.
- The administrator can add or delete users in the admin area; the users are sent their login information by e-mail that allows them to access the system. As before, they can change or update their information the next time they make an appointment.
- The database is now set up using an installation script. It is called up before starting Organizer for the first time. A form appears in which you enter the access information for the MySQL database and also determine the names of the database tables.
- If the script has been installed successfully, Organizer is ready to use immediately. To enter the user area, you must login using 'Admin' and the password you chose during installation. You can also set up additional user accounts for yourself.
- It is possible to keep all holidays for Germany, Austria and Switzerland reserved automatically. This obviates the need for the operator to reserve dates such as New Year, Easter, Whitsuntide and Christmas etc. manually every year. As there are regional differences, every holiday can be activated or deactivated individually. The holidays applicable to each country, or - for Germany - each Federal State are listed in the appropriate place.
- As a Web site operator, you would of course like tools and scripts such as Organizer to match your own site layout. This can be achieved using a CSS file (Cascading Style Sheets), which lets you make changes to all colour, font and font size settings. Additionally you can modify the layout using appropriate header and footer files.
- It is now possible to insert a (lunch) break into the week view. Users cannot book an appointment during this time, likewise for end of the day and close of business.
- It is possible to hide individual weekdays in the appointment overview. Irrelevant days such as Saturday or Sunday are not shown. This saves space and improves clarity.
- Also, you can give Web site visitors the opportunity to book appointments for a fixed period in advance. The time period shown is unchanged.
- It can be advantageous in a private system, such as an intranet for example, for every user to be able to see details of all reservations.