DayPoint can improve your team's effectiveness by giving your team the tools to collaborate seamlessly. Each of the DayPoint modules provides a means to communicate vital information, on the urgency appropriate to the information:
- Calendars: allow your team to see when and what is scheduled.
- Forums: threaded discussions your team can use when face-to-face communication is not a priority.
- Project and Task Management: for all the tasks your team must address.
- Contact Management: allow you to have a common address book for your team.
- Web-based Email: if you need rich email functionality integrated into your team workspace.
- Links to information on your corporate network or the Internet of importance to your team.
- Document Management: easily share any document with your team and manage changes to those files.
- Configuration and Administration: customize your implementation to create a unique workspace, and control how it is used.
- Infrastructure Requirements: Compare the infrastructure requirements for each DayPoint product.
- Create public, group only and private appointments and events
- Create recurring events with a single entry
- Email event invitations
- Synchronize the shared calendars with team members' Outlook or Palm PDA calendars
- Send event reminder emails to participants
- Assign an assistant (delegate) to help manage your calendar
- Link to an event's website so participants can view the site directly
- Customize calendar view and appearance
- Track event participation
- Easily resolve scheduling conflicts
- Assign resources, such as conference rooms and projectors, to events
- See resource available in chart form
- Create unlimited forum categories and topics
- Add polls to forum posts
- Write forum posts in rich-text editor
- Search the full text of forum posts, or search by author, topic and post date
- Subscribe to forums to receive email notification of new posts
- Check your spelling in multiple languages
- Allow selective forum access based on group security
Project and Task Management
- Create projects, including task dependencies
- Display a Project Gantt chart
- Assign tasks to other group members
- Set task priorities and due dates
- Write task work notes to document work details
DayPoint provides a common address book so your team will always have the most up-to-date information on all the people important to them.
- Manage contact names, addresses and other key information
- Record all interaction with a contact and flag a contact for follow-up on a future date
- Locate contact information with a detailed search function or browse the contact lists alphabetically
- Send email to a contact directly from the contact record
- Segment contacts by marking records as private or shared
- Create custom fields to hold information unique to your organization
Whether your team has access to a corporate email systems or not, they can read and respond to email through DayPoint's intuitive webmail interface.
If you have a team member without an email account you can create one in DayPoint, or have DayPoint access existing POP3 or IMAP4 email accounts.
- Retrieve mail from external POP3 and IMAP4 email accounts
- Organize email into your own custom folders
- Mark and delete Spam with a single click
- Send and receive email with file attachments
- Write emails with a rich text email editor
- Add a custom signature to outgoing email
- Share messages using folders available to your entire group
- Check your spelling in outgoing email using the standard, multi-lingual spell checker
You've got a list of websites that provide value for your team, but no way to make them available to your team members easily? DayPoint's Links capability allows you to store website addresses in a central location so your team knows where to find them.
- Save personal and shared website addresses
- Add notes to each link to explain the value that website provides
Your business revolves around sharing information. Much of that information resides in computer files, such as Word documents and Excel spreadsheets. Share those files through DayPoint's file system.
- Limit access to files by creating private and shared file folders
- Secure access and ability to add and delete files through group security
- Further organize your files with a hierarchy much like Windows Explorer
- Ensure file integrity through file check-out and check-in
- Document file change history through version control
Configuration and Administration
Customize and control activity through DayPoint's extensive administration module.
- Establish access to all DayPoint information through fully customizable user group settings
- Selectively deploy modules so your users see only the modules they need
- Require users to update their passwords periodically
- Audit trial to record users actions, can be selectively deployed
- Append custom messages to all outgoing emails
- Allow, or not allow, new users to create their own DayPoint login accounts
- Keep calendars clean and database small by purging old events
- Display general announcements to group members or all users when they login
- Send broadcast messages to all users
- Authenticate user logins based on User Accounts created in DayPoint
- Authenticate user logins against your NT Domain or Active Directory (available at extra cost)
- Fully customize the look and feel through the Administration module, no need to modify code
- Add your own customized content and applications within the DayPoint page
· Webserver with Windows 2000, Windows 2003 or Windows XP OS and IIS
· Database: free Microsoft SQL Server Desktop Engine (MSDE)
· Database: Microsoft SQL Server 7 or 2000
· Client browser: Internet Explorer v5+, Netscape v4.7+, Firefox