It is an open source solution to proprietary software like Active Collab or Basecamp.
Here are some key features of "Collabtive":
· Manage projects
· Set and manage milestones
· Task lists
· Manage individual tasks
· Send instant messages
· Time tracking app
· User profile pages
· Role-based permission management
· Statistics and activity logs
· Export user profiles in vCard format
· RSS feeds
· Export activity logs as Excel files
· E-mail notifications
· File management
· Basecamp importer
· Search tool
· Tags manager
· UTF8 support
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added translations: Hebrew, Norwegian (Nynorsk), Taiwanese
· Improved translations: Albanian, Arabic, Bulgarian, Danish, Farsi, French, German, Greek, Hungarian, Italian, Norwegian (Bokmål), Polish, Portuguese (Brazilian), Slovak, Serbian, Turkish
· Added translations of install-readme: Hungarian
· Improved translations of install-readme: Arabic
· Changed name of autoload function to cl_autoload and added it with spl_autoload_register() to autoload list, to not interfere other autoloaders
· Implemented automatic update notification.
· Completely re-written the PDF export. It now uses a custom subclass of TCPDF to directly draw the tables for the reports from arrays instead of using an HTML intermediate. This greatly speeds up PDF generation (esp when many lines are exported) and generates much smaller PDFs.
· Fixed problem with missing "webcolor" variable in TCPDF
· Improved the project log PDF report by merging fields, improving shading and adding automatic font stretching.
· Added new PDF report to the "my tasks" block on the desktop. Now a user can export all his tasks to PDF.
· Re-enabled permissions checking when deleting a timetracker entry. This got disabled for testing purposes and was commited to trunk. Disabling it posed a possible security risk.
· Added permissions checking to timetracker:add and timetracker:edit . Permissions set in the useraccount where not properly enforced for the timetracker before.