It is OS independent and works with a various of protocols.
Here are some key features of "netaddr":
· IPv4 and IPv6 addresses and subnets
· MAC addresses, OUI and IAB identifiers, IEEE EUI-64 identifiers
· Arbitrary (non-aligned) IP address ranges and IP address sets
· Various non-CIDR IP range formats such as nmap and glob-style formats
· Generating, sorting and summarizing IP addresses and networks
· Performing easy conversions between address notations and formats
· Detecting, parsing and formatting network address representations
· Performing set-based operations on groups of IP addresses and subnets
· Working with arbitrary IP address ranges and formats
· Accessing OUI and IAB organisational information published by IEEE
· Accessing IP address and block information published by IANA
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Comprehensive documentation update.
· Various bug fixes.
· Refreshed IEEE OUI and IAB data.