The DNS is a critical resource for every network application, quite important to ensure that a zone or domain name is correctly configured in the DNS.
ZoneCheck is intended to help solving misconfigurations or inconsistencies usually revealed by an increase in the latency of the application, up to the output of unexpected/inconsistant results.
- Powerfull XML based configuration file (allowing changes in test severity, order, zone of application, ...)
- Does not depend on policies
- Fine grained test selection (by test, by categories, by zones)
- Full IPv6 support (connectivity and AAAA records)
- Supports several input/output interfaces such as CLI, CGI, GUI, inetd
- Dedicated mode for use inside shell scripts
- Batch mode available (ideal when dealing with several domains)
- Generates reports either by severity or by hosts
- I18N and L10N support (available: French, English)
- Multi-threaded application in order to cut down checking time
- Extensible: new tests, new interfaces, new reports, ...
- Exception and cache mechanisms to simplify test writting