The media player is written in jQuery and can dynamically deliver any type of web media, including videos in HTML5 or retrieved from YouTube, Vimeo and Flash.
Although this media player was designed to be used within a Content Management environment, such as Drupal, the developer can use this player for other applications outside of a CMS.
The player has two fullscreen modes, one at the size of the browser window, and one for the entire computer screen.
Here are some key features of "Open Standard Media (OSM) Player":
· Written in the popular jQuery framework.
· Dynamic HTML5 content delivery.
· Audio and Video support with the most popular media formats.
· Automatic Flash fallback for non-standard media.
· Easily themable using the incredible ThemeRoller system.
· Seamless Vimeo and YouTube integration.
· Playlist support.
· Player to Player communication.
· Fullscreen support
· HTML5 enabled browser
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· The player is more more robust so that it would fall back to Flash if the current video errors out.