FFmpeg can successfully play, transcode, decode, encode, mux, demux, stream and filter any kind of audio or vide0 files.
FFmpeg is packed with lots of tools and development libraries, from CLI utilites up to media players.
Here are some key features of "FFmpeg":
· ffmpeg (command line tool for multimedia file conversions)
· ffplay (media player)
· ffprobe (multimedia stream analyzer)
· ffserver (multimedia streaming server)
· libavutil (general library for simplify FFmpeg programming)
· libswscale (for highly optimized image scaling and color space/pixel format conversion operations)
· libswresample (for highly optimized audio resampling, rematrixing and sample format conversion operations)
· libavcodec (decoders and encoders for audio/video codecs)
· libavformat (demuxers and muxers for multimedia container formats)
· libavdevice (input and output devices for grabbing from and rendering to many common multimedia input/output software frameworks)
· libavfilter (media filters)
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· ffmpeg: do not call exit from exit_program().