All of this is done with the HTML5 <audio> tag.
Older browsers are also supported, but using a classical MP3 format with no visible Flash.
Here are some key features of "jPlayer":
· Easy to skin UI interface
· Support for both video and video content
· Cross-browser and cross-device tested
· Flash fallback for older brwosers
· Extendable via plugins
· Lightweight in size
· HTML5: mp3, m4a (AAC), m4v (H.264), ogv*, oga*, wav*, webm*
· Flash: mp3, m4a (AAC), m4v (H.264)
· Windows: Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari, IE6, IE7, IE8, IE9 beta
· OSX: Firefox, Chrome, Opera, Safari
· iOS: Mobile Safari: iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch
· Android: We require a device for testing
· jQuery 1.3 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· If there is an hours time value, then the hours are automatically added to the minutes when the showHour option is false.
· Corrected noFullWindow regular expressions for msie, ipad and android_pad. For example, IE10 now allows full window.
· New Feature: Enabled HTML5 native fullScreen mode. Desktop functionality verified with Firefox 16, Safari 5.1, Chrome 23 and Opera 12.10. Mobile functionality verified with iOS6 (iPad3) Mobile Safari and Android 4.2 (Nexus 7) Chrome.