Written in Python code, Telemeta allows users to index, backup, document, transcode, analyze and publish audio files.
Can be used by professionals to backup and publish documented sounds from collections of vinyls, magnetic tapes or audio CDs over a strong database, in accordance with open standards.
Here are some key features of "Telemeta":
· Secure archiving, editing and publishing of audio files over internet.
· User friendly web frontend including workflows and high level search methods
· Smart dynamical and skinnable audio player (thanks to TimeSide and SoundManager2)
· "On the fly" analyzing, transcoding and metadata embedding based on an easy plugin architecture
· Temporal and collaborative indexation with fast user marker management
· Multi-format support - FLAC, OGG, MP3, WAV and more
· User management with individual profiles and rights
· Playlist management for users with CSV data export
· Geo-Navigator for audio geolocalization
· DublinCore compatibility
· OAI-PMH data provider
· RSS feeds generator
· XML serialized backup
· Strong SQL or Oracle backend
· Python 2.4 or higher
· ctypes 1.0.1 or higher
· setuptools 0.6b3 or higher
· python-support 0.3 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added solr-thumbnail for automatic thumbnail handling of all related media images.
· Added static media handling for Solr and all various Telemeta public files.
· Fixed some wrong user properties.