P2P-Radio is a program that can distribute audio and video streams (MP3/Ogg Vorbis/NSV) over the Internet in a peer-to-peer manner.
It is possible to create your own internet radio station with P2P-Radio!
P2P-Radio is programmed in Java and runs on Windows, Mac OS X, Linux and many other systems.
- Easy to use (graphical user interface)
- You can play the music/video with your media player (i.e. Winamp)
- A Shoutcast/Icecast Internet radio/TV station is used as audio/video source
- Freeloaders (peers that only listen but don't want to send the stream to other listeners) will be detected
- The data stream is signed, you can be sure that it arrives unchanged
- Very efficient communication (low overhead)
- The network structure can be viewed with a monitor