The engine can render 3D graphics using SVG, HTML5 canvas and WebGL.
Three.js is very user friendly and provides an easy to understand system for rendering 3D graphics via JS, even for newcomers.
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added PLYLoader (ASCII files).
· Added new BokehShader2.
· Replaced recursive calls in PolyhedronGeometry with an analytical construction of the geometry.
· Renamed Object3D's getChildByName() to getObjectByName() and added getObjectById().
· Add materialOffset parameter to GeometryUtils's merge().
· Now using prototype based EventDispatcher.
· Added linewidth to ShaderMaterial.
· LOD support in Raycaster.
· Added lights support to ColladaLoader.
· Started WebGLRenderer3. Aiming to find better solutions for the WebGL layer.
· Optimized the PCF shadow map filtering to use vector comparisons.
· SoftwareRenderer now handles color changes at runtime.
· Added BoxHelper.
· Removed setClearColorHex(), parameters.clearColor and parameters.clearAlpha.
· Refactored CameraHelper.
· Fixed bug in DirectionalLightHelper and SpotLightHelper.
· Fixed bug in Phong shader when using normal maps with derivative tangents.
· Added support for FaceColors to SoftwareRenderer.
· Updated convert_obj_three.py docstring with current loader interface.
· Updated OculusRiftEffect. Now it should work with the original OculusRift.
· Fixed vertex normals and UVs for CircleGeometry.
· Added snapping to the editor.
· Fixed SpotLight's angle and SpotlightHelper's cone size bug.
· Using CanvasRenderer in the editor when there is no WebGL support.
· Update STLLoader with github improvements.
· Fixed UVs for faces that straddle the seam in PolyhedronGeometry.
· Cleaned up ArrowHelper.
· Added VertexColors support for Line in CanvasRenderer.
· Fixed TrackballControls zoom increment to normalize responsiveness across various inputs.