Allows developers to create 2D browser-based games using HTML 5 and JS.
Here are some key features of "melonJS":
· Tween effects
· Transition effects
· Animation management
· Game state manager
· Support for various system & bitmap fonts
· Mouse and Touch device support
· Customizable assets loader
· Tiled maps
· Sprite engine
· Cross-browser tested
· Multiple audio channel support
· Physics engine
· Collision detection
· HTML 5 enabled browser
· Node.js 0.4 or higher
What's New in This Release: [ read full changelog ]
· Added a flag to enable/disable automatic pause on loosing/gaining focus.
· Corrected and added missing documentation.
· Added an anchor point for renderables (through SpriteObject).
· Added rotation support (through SpriteObject).
· Fixed & enhanced object/memory deallocation when switching levels.
· Rewrote the parallax code using the new Generic Image Layer Object.
· Added support for vertical parallax layer.
· Added a function to test for vector "equality".
· Fixed a case issue between filename and asset name.
· Added dynamic layer rendering (configurable globally or per layer through Tiled).
· Added Image Layer Support.
· Added support for the new map background property.
· Added a Color Layer (used when a background color is defined).
· Another round of clean-up and various bug fixing.