Kai was written using the Java2D API and the Swing windowing toolkit.
Here are some key features of "Kai Engine":
· Hierarchical scenegraph including Mesh, Rotation, Translation and Light nodes.
· Triangle primitives with helpers for building cubes
· UVN camera with orthographic or perspective projection
· Timer scheduler for animating the scene.
· Rendering system abstraction (Renderers follow Visitor design pattern)
· Software-based renderer
· Wireframe/flat shading
· Simple directional light
· Backface culling
· Pixel-level z-buffer
· Customizable interaction (i.e. user input) handlers
· Java 1.5 or higher